Artichoke Monterey Dip with Taco Pita Chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 3 (6-inch) pita breads
Artichoke Monterey Dip Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Few drops red hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided use
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
For Pita Chips: Heat oven to 375° F.
Combine melted butter and taco seasoning mix in small bowl.
Brush both sides of each pita with butter mixture; Cut each pita into wedges and place them so they are not touching on a large baking sheet.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes; turn each wedge over and continue baking for 3 to 5 minutes or until pita wedges are golden brown and crisp.
For Artichoke Monterey Dip: Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic salt and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing well. Stir in 2 cups cheese and the drained and chopped artichoke hearts.
Spread mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with tomato, green onions and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips.Servings: 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page