- 2 jars artichoke hearts marinated in oil
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion, fine chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper and dry oregano
- 1/8 tsp hot red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 2 Tbsp of the oil, and chop fine. Heat the 2 Tbsp reserved oil in a small heavy skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until soft - about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for about 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Stir in breadcrumbs, seasonings, cheese, artichokes and cooled skillet mixture. Pour into a greased 8x8" baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into 1" squares. Will keep, tightly covered and refrigerated for 2 days. Can be wrapped in heavy duty foil, labeled and frozen for up to 1 month. Serve warm or at room temp.Servings: 5 dozen 1 inch squares
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page