Baked Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided use
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided use
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Butter-type crackers or toast points for accompaniment
Heat oven to 375° F In a large skillet sauté onion, red pepper and garlic in 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat,, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened. Melt remaining 3 Tbsp butter in large saucepan; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Stir in milk. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and cream cheese until melted. Stir in the onion/pepper mixture, 1/4 cup parsley, mayonnaise, lemon juice, artichoke hearts, lemon peel and pepper. Spoon vegetable and cheese mixture into shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parsley and serve with crackers or toast points.Servings: 12 to 16
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page