Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (13 3/4 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy. Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed. Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
Turn the mixture into a 3 1/2-quart crockpot; smooth the top. Cover and cook on the HIGH heat setting 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until hot in the center.
Sprinkle the top evenly with the jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring around the inside edges of the crockpot. Cover and continue heating on HIGH 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted.
Reduce the heat to the LOW setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers.Servings: 10
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page