Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz.s cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 1-quart shallow glass baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
Place spinach in 2-quart microwavable casserole; add 1/4 cup water. Cover; microwave on High 2 minutes. Drain well, pressing spinach with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Chop spinach.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese with spoon until smooth. Beat in mayonnaise, 3 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, the milk, garlic and basil until well blended. Stir in spinach and artichokes. Spread evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Tbsp cheese.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with baguette slices or raw vegetables.Servings: 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page