Baked Beans #5
- 2 lbs. navy beans, soaked for 6-12 hours, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup catsup -- I use smoky BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 6 Tbsp Tamari (soy sauce)
- 6 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
Put everything in a crockpot, adding water to cover and cook on High for 5-6 hours. They get very thick cooked this way.
Can also be baked covered in an oven @ 300 F. for 1 1/2 hours *after* simmering the beans in water for 45 min to 1 1/2 hours. Drain beans and place in large baking dish, add all other ingredients plus enough of the cooking liquid to barely cover the beans.
These are good. Sometimes I add a few Tbsp of Bacos while cooking in the crockpot. If you find these too sweet, just cut down on the sweeteners.Servings:
Source: Sandee Ritter
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Dec 4, 1998
Print This Page