Easy Spicy Beans and Rice
- 2 cups Brown rice (uncooked), or 4 cup cooked
- 2 15-oz cans of any type of beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic-in-a-jar)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cup tomato (ie spagetti) sauce
- 10 dashes tabasco sauce
If using uncooked rice, start it cooking.
Rinse canned beans thoroughly in a colander. In a large nonstick frying pan add salsa, garlic, onions, and cumin. Sauté until onions are limp. Add tomato sauce and tabasco sauce, and simmer.
If using cooked rice, reheat it now.
Five minutes before the rice is ready, stir the beans in gently and simmer until well heated.
Serve beans over rice.Servings:
Source: Lynda Korsan
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Aug 23, 1994
Print This Page