Black Bean and Rice Patties
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp orange flower water*(see note)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (Indian spice combination)
- 4 Tbsp crushed whole wheat crackers
- 1 green onion, diced
- olive oil cooking spray for frying.
Combine all ingredients together and mix gently but well. Shape into patties, or, if you wish, just fry the whole thing in one giant pancake shape. Spray the pan with olive oil cooking spray and brown the patties on one side until a crust has formed and then turn to brown on the other side.
Note: If you don't have orange flower water, try using the same Amount of orange or tangerine extract. (I did, with pretty good results.)Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page