Beef Bourguignonne with Mushroom and Carrots
- 2 1/2 lbs lean boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 tsp crushed dried marjoram
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (13.75 oz.) can beef broth (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lbs baby carrots, or medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 lbs small mushrooms
- 1/2 lbs pearl onions, peeled
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
Combine marjoram and pepper; sprinkle over beef.
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown beef, half a batch at a time, about 10 minutes. Pour off drippings.
Add broth, wine and garlic, stirring to combine. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 1 hour.
Add carrots and continue cooking, covered, for 30 minutes.
Add mushrooms and onions; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes more.
Combine water and cornstarch; gradually stir into stew. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page