- 2 lbs chuck steak, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Hot cooked noodles for accompaniment
Preheat oven to 325° F.
In a Dutch oven or deep baking dish, toss steak with flour. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Add carrots, tomatoes, wine, soup mix and bay leaf.
Bake, covered with ovenproof lid or aluminum foil, for 1 1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
Add mushrooms and bake, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
Serve beef over noodles.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page