Tomato Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 lbs round steak, thinly sliced into 1 x 2-inch strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream (1 cup)
- 1 (16 oz.) package wide egg noodles
Coat beef strips by shaking in a clean plastic bag with flour. Alternatively, dredge each piece in a shallow pan filled with flour.
In a small bowl, combine soup, mushrooms (including liquid), tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and quickly brown meat. Stir in onion. Add reserved sauce to meat and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add sour cream to sauce just before serving, stirring thoroughly to combine. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
While meat is cooking, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and serve with stroganoff.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page