Grilled Tenderloin with Caper Mayonnaise
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lbs) beef tenderloin
- 3 garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Caper Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
Caper Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- Whisk together 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice in small bowl
- Fold in 1 Tbsp drained, chopped capers
Pat meat dry with paper towels. Using tip of sharp paring knife, make small slits all over meat. Insert garlic slivers. Rub meat with oil. Press peppercorns onto meat. Sprinkle with salt. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals on one side, or heat gas grill on one side to hot.
Sear meat on all sides over direct heat, about 5 minutes total. Move to side of grill off of direct heat. Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Turn meat over; cook 12 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of meat register 145° F (60*C) for medium-rare. let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Caper mayonnaise.
Refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend before serving.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page