Tenderloin Steaks with Arugula-Cornichon Relish
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (or 2 halved boneless rib-eye steaks), cut 1-inch thick (about 1 lbs total)
- 1 Tbsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly snipped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped cornichons or sweet pickles
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups torn arugula or torn mixed greens
Trim fat from steaks. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper and salt.
In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the steaks and cook to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare or 12 to 14 minutes for medium).
Meanwhile, for relish, in a small mixing bowl combine the remaining olive oil, Italian parsley, cornichons or sweet pickles, capers, green onion, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
To serve, transfer steaks to a cutting board. Cut into thin slices. Arrange the arugula and/or mixed greens on dinner plates. Top with the steak slices, then spoon the relish over steak and arugula.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page