Apple Streusel Coffee Bread
- 1 - 16 oz. loaf frozen white bread dough
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Thaw dough according to package directions. Divide dough in half. Let rest 10 minutes.
On floured surface, roll each dough half to an 8-inch square. Spread each with 1 Tbsp of the softened butter. Arrange half the apples down the center of each dough square.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Cutting toward filling, make 2-inch long cuts in dough at 1-inch intervals on both sides of apples. Fold strips alternately over apples. Fold under ends of loaf. Place loaves on a greased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
Stir together flour and sugar. Cut in the 1 Tbsp butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half the crumb mixture over each loaf. Top with almost if desire. Cover, let rise till nearly double (45 to 60 minutes). Bake in a 350° F over 30 minutes or until brown.Servings: 1 loaf
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page