Heart-Healthy Spicy Apple Bread
- 1 cup shredded apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
Mix apple, sour cream and egg whites in large bowl. Stir in remaining flour and ingredients. Spread in pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Slice when cool, or wrap in plastic wrap, then over-wrap with foil. Freeze immediately.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page