Breakfast Burritos with Green Chiles
- 1 1/3 pounds - 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 - 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 - 10 inch flour tortillas
Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner. Cook on HIGH for 7 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
In large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add potatoes and bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in chiles and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes.
In bowl, beat eggs, water and hot sauce; mix into potatoes, then mix in cheese. Cook and toss until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In plastic bag, heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds. Top each tortilla with potato mixture, dividing equally. Roll up burrito-style to enclose filling completely.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page