Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- 8 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 - 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Grease an 8-inch square baking dish and line the bottom with half of the bread slices.
Sprinkle bacon, mushrooms and onions over bread. Top with cheese and cover with remaining 4 bread slices.
In a medium bowl whisk together milk, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over bread. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake casserole, uncovered, for 1 hour or until golden brown and set Let stand 10 minutes before serving.Servings: 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page