- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices fully-cooked deli ham
- 1/2 lbs cheddar cheese, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Special K cereal or cornflakes, crushed
Butter a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with 8 slices of bread. Next, layer with the ham and cheese, then top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
Beat eggs and seasonings; add milk, onion and green pepper. Pour evenly over the top of the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, melt 1/2 cup butter and pour over the top of the casseroled. Sprinkle with the cereal.
Bake in a preheated 300° F oven, uncovered, for 1 hour. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.Makes 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page