Breakfast Sausage Casserole
- 1 lbs bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups - 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 - 12-ounce each cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 freshly ground black pepper to taste
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard and onion powder in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly. Season with ground black pepper.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page