Brie and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 - 8 oz. round Brie*
- 1 lbs ground hot pork sausage
- 6 white sandwich bread slices
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 large eggs, divided use
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided use
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
Trim rind from Brie, and discard; cut cheese into cubes, and set aside.
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
Cut crusts from bread slices, and place crusts evenly in bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer evenly with bread slices, sausage, Brie, and Parmesan cheese.
Whisk together 5 eggs, 2 cups whipping cream, and next 4 ingredients; pour evenly over cheeses. Cover and chill mixture for 8 hours.
Whisk together remaining 2 eggs and remaining 1 cup whipping cream; pour evenly over chilled mixture.
Bake at 350° F for 1 hour or until casserole is set Garnish, if desired.Makes 8 to 10
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page