Country Breakfast Casserole
- 4 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 - 12 oz. package sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
Grease a 3-quart casserole and line with bread cubes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Mix eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper. Pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes on top of the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake uncovered approximately 1 hour. Serve hot.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page