Green Onion and Sausage Casserole
- 2 lbs sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups cubed day old bread
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
Grease 3-quart casserole; set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook until brown. Drain on paper towel.
Arrange bread in prepared casserole; sprinkle with cheese.
In a large bowl combine sausage, eggs, milk, green onions, mustard and salt; mix well. Pour over bread; refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Bake casserole for 1 hour or until set and golden brown.Servings: 10
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page