Chocolate Amaretto Mousse Cake
- 1 - 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Additional whipping cream for topping
- 1/2 cup almond (Amaretto) liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 3 packages ladyfingers
- Sliced almonds
Line bottom and sides of 12-inch springform pan with ladyfingers.
Melt chocolate in double boiler, combine gelatine, water, egg yolks, sugar, and 2 cups heavy cream. Bring this mixture to a light boil. Remove from heat and add melted chocolate and liqueur. Put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Fold 4 beaten egg whites and the remaining whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan and allow to set for 4 hours.
To serve, remove from pan, cover top with whipped cream and the almonds.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page