Bean and Sausage Casserole
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs Polish sausage, kielbasa (or about 1 lbs hot dogs)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) baked beans
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs mixed with 2 Tbsp melted butter, optional
Cut the kielbasa into 3-inch pieces then halve pieces lengthwise. Spread a little mustard over each cut side of kielbasa.
In a greased 2-quart casserole layer 1/3 of the beans, sliced onion, and kielbasa. Repeat layers two more times. Season with pepper and then pour the red wine over the casserole.
Top with the buttered bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 375° F for 35 minutes.
Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer, until casserole is hot and bubbly.Servings: 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page