Applebee's Apple Chimi-Cheesecake
- 10 to 12 (6 1/2-inch) flour tortillas
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz.) can cooked apples, very well drained
- 1/2 cup almond toffee bits
- Cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar and 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon, mixed well)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel topping
Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sugar and eggs, then beat again. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Fold toffee bits and apple pieces in cheese mixture. On tortilla place a serving in the middle, about 2 1/2 inches from the side of shell. Tuck sides in slightly and roll shell to seal the filling and hold in the cream cheese. When shells have been stuffed and rolled, place in refrigerator; chill to set filling.
In deep fryer heat vegetable oil. When ready, place chimicheesecake and fry until slightly golden while carefully turning on each side. Remove from oil and drain.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place chimicheesecake on cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Serve cheesecakes slightly warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel topping.Servings: 10 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page