Granny Apple Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Apple-Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups (1 lbs) small curd cottage cheese
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, pared, cored and shredded (2 cups)
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Press firmly into a 9-inch springform pan, cover bottom and 1 1/4 inches up sides. Chill for 1 hour.
In a medium saucepan, combine gelatine with 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until gelatine dissolves. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, beat cottage cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture. Stir in shredded apples. Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into apple-cheese mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Chill overnight or 8 to 12 hours until firm.Servings: 10 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page