- 3 cups ground Oreo cookie crumbs, minus filling
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup very ripe banana purée
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Peanut Butter Sauce
Peanut Butter Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup ground unsalted peanuts
Preheat oven to 325° F.
In a medium-size bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and melted butter until thoroughly blended. Cover the bottom and approximately 1 inch of the sides of a greased 1-inch springform pan. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining 1 3/4 cups sugar and continue mixing, scraping bowl often. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. Fold in banana purée and chopped peanuts. Pour into prepared crust and bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is set Cool on wire rack; refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
When ready to serve, place a small slice on each chilled serving plate and drizzle with Peanut Butter Sauce.
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature before using.Servings: 10 to 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page