- 4 boned, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices prosciutto or boiled ham
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/8 tsp apple pie spice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk (skim is fine)
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (2 oz)
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
Rinse chicken; pat dry. lbs breasts flat. Place one prosciutto slice atop each breast half.
Combine apple and 1/8 tsp apple pie spice. Place a fourth of the apple mixture on each breast half. Roll up and secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle with additional pie spice. Place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till tender and no longer pink. Remove picks.
In a small saucepan, cook onion in margarine till tender. Stir in flour and a dash pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in cheese till melted.
Serve sauce over chicken rolls. Serve with rice.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page