Asian Satay Skewers with Black Bean Sauce
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut in 1/2-inch by 2-inch strips
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pack wooden skewers, 6-inches long
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 - 15 oz. can BUSHS® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 - 15.8 oz. can BUSHS® Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen shelled soybeans, thawed and ready to eat
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped fine ginger
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fine garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
For Satays: Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in a medium bowl.
Toss the marinade with the chicken. Let marinate for 45 minutes. Weave meat onto skewers. Discard marinade.
Preheat the grill to medium hot. Place satays on the grill and cook until chicken is done.
For Sauce: Combine beans, soybeans, green onions, ginger and cilantro into a medium bowl. Mix well.
In a small bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce.
Mix until the sugar dissolves. Add garlic and sesame oil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Add soy sauce mixture to the beans, gently toss to coat.
Serve the satays with bean salad. Drizzle some of the liquid from the salad on top of the satays.Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page