Pan-Asian Chicken Escabeche
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided use
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided use
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 2 cans water chestnuts - 5 oz. each)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 English cucumber, skin on and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 radishes, halved
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
In large, resealable plastic bag, combine Chinese five spice powder, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Add chicken thighs to bag, seal well and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
While chicken is marinating, place red pepper pieces, yellow pepper pieces, jalapeño pepper pieces, water chestnuts, carrot, cucumber, radishes and red onion in bowl of food processor. Rough chop by pulsing the blade. If food processor is not available, vegetables may be julienned by hand.
Place chopped vegetables in large bowl. Add garlic, lime juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper. Place bowl in refrigerator and allow to sit for one hour or up to overnight.
Prepare gas or charcoal grill. Place chicken on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 6 minutes per side. Cool and shred meat coarsely.
Add chicken to vegetable salad mixture. Add cilantro and parsley; stir well to combine.Makes 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page