Alaska Cod Chowder with Black Beans & Corn
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 - 15 oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 3 cups chicken or fish broth
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lbs alaska cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
In large stockpot or steam-jacketed kettle, combined onions, tomatoes in juice, black beans, corn and chiles.
Add broth, lime juice, chili powder. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
Pan-sear cod in lightly oiled non-stick skillet about 3 minutes; add cod to chowder.
Simmer chowder additional 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
For each serving, portion 1 1/2 cups soup into shallow bowl. Garnish with tortilla corn chips, if desired.Makes 6
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page