Bacon, Potato and Bell Pepper Chowder
- 4 slices of lean bacon, chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced fine (optional)
- 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
In a saucepan cook the bacon over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and transfer it with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
Discard all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat, and in the remaining fat, cook the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and potatoes over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion and bell peppers are softened.
Add the milk, the cream, and the Worcestershire sauce, bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Season the chowder with salt and pepper, divide it between 2 heated soup bowls, and sprinkle with bacon.Serves 2
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page