Cheesy Potato Ham Chowder
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 - 4.5 oz. package Julienne Potatoes mix
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cubed fully-cooked ham
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Shredded cheddar cheese for accompaniment
- Snipped parsley or cilantro for garnish
In a large saucepan combine water, carrot, celery, onion, and dry potatoes from mix. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in milk and packet of sauce mix. Stir well and return to boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes.
Stir in ham and lemon juice; heat through. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and garnish with snipped parsley or cilantro.Servings: 5
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page