- 1/4 cup bacon, finely cut up
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 - 8 oz. cans minced or whole clams
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 - 16 oz. can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Oyster crackers, if desired
Cook and stir bacon and onion in large kettle until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain clams, reserving liquid. Add clam liquid, potatoes, water and celery to bacon and onion.
Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add clams, tomatoes, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Serve with oyster crackers, if desired.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page