Corn And Cheese Chowder
- 4 large unpeeled potatoes, diced
- 4 cup water or stock
- 2 to 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (2 onions)
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 3 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup grated cheese (combination of Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of black pepper
Combine potatoes, water or stock, and bay leaves in a 3-quart soup pot.
Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, until tender.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a fry pan and sauté the onions with cumin until brown.
Add to soup, then add corn. Mix flour with cream until smooth, then add slowly to soup.
Add grated cheese, about 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until melted.
Keep heat low and watch bottom of pot. When all the cheese is melted in, add chives and parsley, season with salt and pepper, and serve.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page