Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp each salt, baking soda and baking powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp each vanilla extract & almond extract
- 1 cup slightly cooled melted butter
- 2 - 10 oz. packages semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped toasted almonds
Preheat the oven to 325° F. Set out two large nonstick cookie sheets. (Do NOT grease).
Mix the first four ingredients together.
In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the sugars, eggs, flavorings and melted butter. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, blending well.
Stir in the chips and almonds. Use a 1/3 cup capacity ice cream scoop to drop dough (or drop by heaping tablespoonsful) onto cookie sheets, allowing room for cookies to spread slightly. Bake, placing a single cookie sheet in the center of the preheated oven, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and just set around the edges.Servings: 2 to 3 dozen large cookies
Source: Shedd Aquarium, Chicago - 1996
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page