Almond Rice Madeleines
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 3 large egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Fresh raspberries for accompaniment (optional)
- Whipped cream or frozen non-dairy whipped topping for accompaniment (optional)
Chop almonds in food processor until finely ground. Add coconut and sugar; process until coconut is finely minced. Add rice; pulse to blend. Add egg whites; pulse to blend.
Spoon mixture evenly into madeleine pans or miniature muffin tins coated with cooking spray, filling to top.
Bake at 350° F. 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pans on wire rack. Run a sharp knife around each madeleine shell, and gently remove from pan. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until serving time. Serve with raspberries and whipped topping.Servings: 3 dozen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page