Chocolate Almond Cookie Bites
- 1 - 8 oz. box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 30 almond slices or slivers
Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease baking sheets.
Microwave baking bars in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH - 100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Beat eggs and salt in a small mixer bowl on high speed for 3 minutes or until thick. Add brown sugar; beat for additional 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir in chopped almonds and flour. Drop by rounded tsp onto prepared baking sheets. Insert one almond slice into top of each cookie.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until shiny and set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.Servings: 3 dozen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page