Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup minature butterscotch, semisweet or white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed or granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher or coarse salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 3 medium bananas)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
For Cream Cheese Filling: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in desired flavor chips; set aside.
For Topping: In a small bowl, stir together nuts and sugar; set aside.
For cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line medium muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the bananas, buttermilk or sour milk, shortening and vanilla.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add the eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
Spoon about 1 teaspoonful filling into center of each cupcake. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful topping over top of each cupcake.
Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean.
Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.Servings: about 3 dozen cupcakes
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page