Apple Cranberry Crisp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 5 large Jonathan apples, peeled, sliced
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl. Add 1/2 cup butter and combine using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Mix apples, cranberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Dot with 1/4 cup butter. Crumble topping evenly over fruit.
Bake until apples are tender, about 1 1/4 hours. Cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, as desired.Servings: 12
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page