- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced and cooked
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk, divided use
- 1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Combine apricots, 1/3 cup sugar and brandy. Marinate about 1 hour.
Cook rice, 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/3 cup sugar until thick and creamy.
Soften gelatin in water; stir into hot rice. Blend eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk; add salt. Stir into rice; cook over low heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool.
Fold in whipped cream, apricots and marinade. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with nuts.Servings: 9
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page