Braised Breast Of Duck With Peaches
- 1 Tbsp light vegetable oil
- 3 medium-size firm mushrooms
- 4 half breasts of duck, boned
- 2 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp meat flavoring
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup pureed fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 duck livers
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup strong chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp light honey
- 1 tsp guava or red currant jelly
- 4 fresh peaches, quartered
In deep heavy pot,heat oil. Add 1 Tbsp butter. Let it melt and foam. Add mushrooms. Stir over high heat 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside. Brown livers; remove and set aside.
Lightly brown duck breasts on both sides and remove from pan. Reduce heat to low; add 1 Tbsp butter and melt it. Add garlic and orange rind. Stir over low heat 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and meat flavoring. Blend.
Add stick,orange juice and honey. Stir over moderate heat until mixture boils. Add peach puree and jelly. Bring to a boil. Place breasts in pot and coat with sauce. Cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until done. Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter or gratin dish.
Whisk whipped cream into sauce. Add mushrooms and peaches. Spoon sauce mixture over breasts. Brown top lightly until broiler. Slice livers neatly and arrange as garnish on top of dish.Servings: 5
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page