Cajun Wild Duck
- 2 mallard ducks, prepared to stuff
- Butter, as required
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of celery, minced
- 1/4 cup of parsley, minced
- 20 pitted ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of Armagnac
- 1/2 cup of Claret wine
- 1/2 cup of duck or chicken stock
Melt 4 Tbsp of butter and sauté the onion, celery, parsley, olives and garlic, until the onion is soft.
Stir in the breadcrumbs, black pepper, salt and Armagnac; use mixture to stuff birds.
Rub the ducks well with butter and put on a rack in a roaster with the Claret and boiling stock.
Roast at 400° F, basting every few minutes, for about 35 minutes. Serve as desired.Servings: 4
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page