Duck a La Clara
- 1 lbs celery
- 1 lbs green onion, divided use
- 2 (approximately 4-pound) ducks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 apples, unpeeled and sliced
- 3 oranges, unpeeled and sliced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 lbs mushroom, sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 - 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups oysters
- 1 - 12 oz. package wild rice mix, cooked according to package directions
Line the bottom of a roasting pan with celery and 1/2 lbs green onions.
Season duck with salt and pepper. Stuff the ducks with the apple and orange slices. Place the ducks in the roasting pan and drizzle with orange juice. Cover and bake at 350° F for 4 hours or until tender.
Remove the ducks and discard the fruit and vegetables. Cool and debone.
In a skillet sauté 1 cup chopped green onions and mushrooms in butter. Add cream of mushroom soup, water, and oysters; cook until heated. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add the duck meat and heat through.
Serve over the cooked wild rice.Servings: 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page