Apple and Green Tomato Relish
- 1-1/2 cup Apples; finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Tomatoes; finely-chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper; finely chopped
- 3/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Onion; finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper; finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper; coarse
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Box CERTO LIGHT Fruit Pectin-Crystals
MEASURE prepared fruit, vegetables, vinegar and spices into a large saucepan. MEASURE sugar and set aside.
COMBINE fruit pectin crystals with 1/4 cup of measured sugar.
STIR pectin mixture into fruit and vegetable mixture.
PLACE saucepan over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
STIR in remaining sugar. Continue to cook and stir over high heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
STIR and skim foam for 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit.
POUR quickly into warm, sterilized jars filling up to 1/4 inch from rim. SEAL while hot with sterilized 2-piece lids with new centres.Servings: 6 cups
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page