Good Gravy Pot Roast
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 - 3 1/2 lbs boneless beef roast
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 - 10 3/4 oz. can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 - 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 - 10 3/4 oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 - 1 oz. envelope onion recipe soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
Place flour in a large bowl or plastic bag. Add roast; dredge or shake to coat.
Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a Dutch oven; drain.
In a bowl, combine soups, soup mix and water, mix well. Pour mixture over roast in Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 325° F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until very tender.
Serve pot roast and gravy with mashed potatoes if desired.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page