Pineapple Mint Jam
- 4 cups prepared fruit or 2-1/2 can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup lemon juice - 2 lemons
- 7-1/2 cups or 3-1/4 lbs granulated sugar
- 1 bottle Certo fruit pectin
- 3/4 tsp spearmint extract
- Few drops green coloring
Put fruit into large saucepan. Add 3/4 cup water and mix well. Add lemon juice. Add sugar to fruit in saucepan and mix well. Place over high heat.
Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat at once stir in Certo. Skim off foam with metal spoon.
Then stir and skim by turns for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add flavoring and coloring. Ladle into glasses. Cover with 1/8-inch hot paraffin.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page