Apple 'n Cheddar Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Heat oven to 400° F.
Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir in apples and cheese.
Add combined apple juice, beaten egg and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.Servings: 12 muffins
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page