Almost Pasta Primavera
- 3-1/2 lbs Spaghetti squash; 1 medium
- 1 cup Broccoli flowerets; fresh
- 1 cup Zucchini; small, sliced
- 1 cup Mushrooms; fresh, sliced
- 1 cup Carrot; sliced
- 1 Clove garlic; small, crushed
- 3/4 tsp Reduced calorie margarine,-melted
- 1 Tbsp Skim milk
- 1/2 cup Part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Imitation butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Coarsely ground pepper
Wash squash; cut in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a Dutch oven; add 2 inches water. Bring water to a boil, cover and cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Drain squash and cool. Using a fork remove spaghetti-like strands. Measure 3 cups of strands; set aside. Remove remaining strands for other use.
Steam vegetables 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Combine squash strands and vegetables, tossing gently. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
Sauté garlic in margarine in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Add milk, cheese, buter flavoring, and seasonings to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot (do not boil). Spoon cheese mixture over vegetable mixture, tossing gently.Servings:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page