Cinnamon Pastry Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp (or more) ice water or chilled dark crème de cacao
Blend flour, nuts, sugar, cinnamon and salt in processor until nuts are coarsely ground. Add chilled butter and vegetable shortening. Using on/off turns, process until coarse crumbs form. Add 2 Tbsp ice water or chilled crème de cacao. Process dough until small moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap dough disk in plastic. Refrigerate until cold enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch diameter glass pie dish. Press dough into dish. Fold overhang under. Crimp edges decoratively. Cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)Servings: one 9-inch crust
Source: Bon Appétit
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page